Your wedding is the best day of your life! You’ll laugh, cry, dance and have the best time ever imaginable. Brides and grooms love to WOW and surprise their guests; no one wants a simple cookie-cutter wedding! Here are some outstanding ways to make a lasting impression on your guests.
- For cocktail hour, offer alcohol samplings by an expert. Your guests can taste wine, liquor, and champagne. Or, serve one specialty signature cocktail. Pick something that defines your journey as a couple.
- Champagne is delicious, but it is even better with additions like citrus or fruit. Place options on the tables so your guests can customize their champagne toast drinks.
- Create a beautiful lounge area for your reception. Set up some couches and pillows as a space for your guests to relax between dance songs and still have a party atmosphere. Don’t forget soft lighting!
- Ask your reception venue if they have ushers available to walk the guests to their table. This creates a swankified atmosphere
- Seating can at times be awkward and hard to determine. On each table, place a sign that shows the relation between the guests at the table. Show the guests that you took time to think about who they would enjoy and what they have in common. This is a great conversation icebreaker as well!
- If your guests are staying at a hotel, offer transportation from the hotel to the ceremony, reception and back again. Some cool ideas include a trolley, a yellow school bus, or a double decker bus.
- For those guests staying in the hotel, leave fun welcome bags. Make sure they are personalized and add things such as a gift certificate to the closest coffee shop, a map with directions to the wedding and reception, and a list of local sights they may enjoy.
- Favors can be so generic sometimes. Offer items that will stand out in their minds. For outdoor ceremonies, sunglasses and sunscreen are not only practical, but great for photo ops. Leave a basket of flip flops for those who want to take off those high heels on the dance floor. Think outside the box and put yourself in your guests’ shoes. What would you appreciate?
- If children are welcome at the reception, they might get tired out during the event. Hire two or three babysitters and put them in a room with toys and items for children. The kids can opt to unwind in the kid room (or area) instead of with the adults.
- Guests love the first dance. Why not make it exciting? Do a remix and show off your dance moves. Take a ballroom dancing course and amaze your guests. Learn a dance routine, like from Dirty Dancing, and perform away!
- Another fun idea for the first dance is to have Confetti Blowers. A favorite look is all white Tissue Corkscrewswhich spiral downward mixed with silver and gold metallic Flutter FETTI. Your family and friends will be enthralled as the FETTI flutters, flies, and floats downward creating a beautiful “upscale” special effect!
- Change your appearance for your reception. Purchase a reception dress that is easier to dance in. Let your hair down, change your makeup, and use your imagination!
- People of all ages love a photo booth. Give your guests fun props to use and send them copies of their photos.
- Get your wedding party or family in on a choreographed dance. If you can convince your dad or grandfather to perform a dance and show off his impressive moves, you’re sure to induce some belly laughs!
- Guests love fun and unique snack foods. As the party progresses through the evening, offer candy bars, a taco bar, an ice cream bar, or a waffle bar! The possibilities are endless.
The team at Flutter FETTI is here to customize your confetti and streamer needs to make your wedding stunningly spectacular! Contact one of our confettiologists toll-free at (877) 321-1999 for personalized service on just the right products to use at your reception.
Want even more great surprises for your wedding guests? Don’t miss our blog post on the Top 7 Wedding Surprises That People Love!
6” Wedding Confetti “Hand Flick” Launcher – Custom Colors
Beautiful addition to the Wedding! We ordered this for our daughter’s April wedding. I had discovered it just weeks before the date. Our Flutter FETTI came in fast and it was perfectly packaged. It was a beautiful addition to the bride and groom’s exit. We thought about bubbles… takes too long and is messy. We thought about bird seed… but wasn’t sure how it would clean up. When I found this… we were excited. The pieces are nice enough to make clean up a breeze. We custom ordered our colors… and it was gorgeous. Haven’t gotten our pictures yet… but the photographer has already said the confetti made the difference. She had never shot it before and said she would recommend it. We have already recommended this to all our friends.